The Tech Panda takes a look at recent product launches in the lifestyle sector.
E-commerce: A first-of-its-kind digital shopping identity to enhance the experience of power shoppers globally
Flash, a startup founded by Flipkart’s former Senior Vice President, Ranjith Boyanapalli, is introducing a first-of-its-kind digital shopping identity to enhance the experience of power shoppers globally.
Flash aims to elevate the shopping experience of online shoppers across the world by catering to the top 25 million power shoppers, who contribute to nearly 70% of the online shopping revenue which is further estimated to grow to 65mn by 2030.
Flash looks to address the potential challenges for these power shoppers around post-order experience, lack of rewards, and cluttered communication – which are expected to magnify with a further increase in their span of online shopping across brands & frequency.
Social media: A dating app exclusively for desi GenZ’s
Aisle, an Indian high-intent dating app, unveiled Jalebi, the newest addition to their suite of dating apps, this week. Exclusively built for the single, progressive and predominantly Gen Z market, Jalebi makes way for a long overdue glow-up in the Indian dating scene. Jalebi is a loud, proud and authentic voice created to inspire and help members meet the right people in a safe environment.
Able Joseph, Founder & CEO, Aisle said, “Aisle has never really ventured into the 18-24 age group – a generation that is way more open and aware of what’s happening around the world. It was time to think differently for our growing audience – and create an experience that matched this segment’s dating goals. Jalebi is a new take on relationships and dating for the younger generation. The aim is to provide members with a trustworthy space to connect and have their voice heard.”
Aisle’s new venture captures the attention of singles who are tired of frivolous, casual dating and are looking at dating with a little more depth. Aptly named to highlight its desi and out-of-the-box features, Jalebi caters to the urban Indian youth’s need for intelligent dating and meaningful companionship in a sea of dating apps that do the opposite.
With the tagline ‘Seriously good dating’, Jalebi aims to be the antidote to the shallow and often inconsequential arc of game-like casual dating.
- desi-modern and vibrant visuals
- selfie-verified profiles to create a more credible community
- a mosaic profile design that makes more information about a member available at a glance
- audio prompt options that allow members to level up on their dating game to establish a higher level of trust
Navigation app: Path-breaking Junction Views for safer driving & help minimise road accidents
MapmyIndia, India’s leading digital maps and deep-tech geospatial company, announced that it is introducing a path-breaking, road safety feature called Junction View within navigation in the free Mappls app. (downloadable on Android and iOS phones from https://mappls.com/getApp).
“Being the pioneer in the industry since 1995, we constantly strive to improve people’s experiences through world-class technology. Nowadays, maps have become an intrinsic part of every commuter’s life calling for constant innovation to make road journeys safe. We noticed the hindrances and accidents caused by the confusion while taking the right path or turning at the junctions and forks. Noticing the need, our team worked diligently to come up with this feature that will help reduce travel time, costs, hassle, and road accidents, which is critical in the Indian context. We appeal to all to use the free, swadeshi Mappls app which offers such advanced safety and smart navigation features and encourage others in their social and professional networks as well as organisations to download and use the free Mappls app.” said Rohan Verma, CEO & Executive Director, MapmyIndia.
Sudden decision-making while approaching a flyover can be a nightmare while driving in a new city. Multiple turn options to choose from in front of the driver can also be puzzling and can also result in accidents. With a clear view ahead, people will never miss the next exit when driving with the MapmyIndia Mappls app.
Tens of thousands of junction views can be found in the Mappls App, with ever-expanding coverage, across thousands of cities and highways which include major cities like Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Ludhiana, Lucknow, etc aimed to help people navigate confidently while approaching Flyovers or Junctions or Forks, the function is a unique feature that Indian users do not get from foreign default maps Apps. This, in addition to the hundreds of more software features and most accurate and detailed maps, make Mappls app India’s best maps and navigation app to download and use.
Mappls App Junction view gives the 3D representation of the junction with marked lanes. The highlighted mark shows the exit or entry of the flyover in the 3D photo-realistic format while navigating. The junction view shows a preview of the next junction, if available. One can close the displayed intersection by tapping the junction view arrow mark during navigation.
EV: India’s first EV two wheeler company to launch in Metaverse
Modular Electric Vehicle (EV) company, Revamp Moto, an Indian electric two-wheeler manufacturers, announced the launch of India’s first transformable EV, RM Buddie 25. Built completely in-house from the ground up, the Buddie will be manufactured at the company’s facility in Thane and will be available at a cost starting from Rs. 66,999. The booking for this vehicle is available at Rs. 999 on www.revampmoto.in
Pritesh Mahajan, Founder and CEO, remarked, “After a long and arduous journey, Revamp is proud to launch India’s first ever transformable EV, RM Buddie 25. As the Metaverse evolves and sets a benchmark for the future, brands like Revamp through its product portfolio are set to define the benchmark of electric mobility in the two-wheeler segment in India. The Buddie is built on Modular Utility Platform where attachments like insulated box, carrier, saddle bags and many more can be swapped as per requirements in less than 30 seconds. This has been enabled keeping in mind the dynamics of people who are looking to purchase two-wheeler EVs with multiple use cases that can truly be their Buddie while constantly on the move.”
- The Buddie features an IP 67 rated, Smart BMS and CAN enabled battery pack that allows it to travel 70 Km on a single charge with a top speed of 25 Km/hr.
- Revamp has developed and manufactured the battery packs in-house which are easily swappable within a minute.
- The Buddie charges from 0-80% in 1 hr 45 mins, is smartly connected and can map 40+ parameters through your smart phones to make your every #RideEasy.
- Buddie does not require license or registration to be ridden.
- Buddie comes with a payload capacity of 120 Kgs and is accompanied with swiftly and easily swappable attachments like a child seat, saddle stay and saddle bags, insulated box, carrier, base plate and base rack.
- The Buddie will be available for purchase through Revamp’s website which also showcases not just the connected experience of the EV but also its multi-utility.
- Revamp is offering easy financing options like no cost EMI and instant loans at low-interest rate across several months, which will make owning the Buddie extremely simple. The purchase window is slated to open on 16th December 2022 at 12 noon and deliveries are expected to commence by April 2023.
Jobs: A software candidate assessment & powering help & support
WorkIndia Referral Program, one of the most successful programs of WorkIndia is now powered by Rapid Web View. The software powers and ensures a seamless user experience to provide smooth browsing of their website and application.
Moiz Arsiwala, Co-founder and CTO, WorkIndia said, “Our objective with RapidWebView is to deliver impact to maximum job seekers on our app and to iterate quickly in order to provide best user experience. RapidWebView continually enables us to adapt to job seekers’ feedback and changing needs so as to provide the best possible experience when they are searching for their next job.”
Whereas in traditional android releases, features are rolled out slowly and deployed into the app, taking the user nearly 15 to 45 days to reach the audience, RapidWebView allows the organization to release updates directly to the end user, in a matter of seconds.
- Rapid Asset Cache, Web View Request Interceptor, and Java Script Interface to enable quick delivery of features via web applications while retaining the native user experience
- To reduce the load time, the Web View Request Interceptor, a smart component of RapidWebView, decides which web components to load ahead of time.
- Designed in-house, the project is open-sourced on GitHub, which helps the developer community to implement the updates in a much faster way.
- The feature is also behind the accurate assessment of candidates who are applying through the WorkIndia portal.